We are always looking for committed young people, who would like to join the shipping industry and are ready to take over responsibility. Duty of each company should therefore be the systematic education and training of these young people.
We like to face this challenge and offer the following training possibilities at sea on board our ships and ashore in our office:
- Apprenticeship vacancies for shipping clerks
- Apprenticeship vacancies for nautical / technical assistent officer (please see Trainee Program for further information)
- Apprenticeship vacancies for ship mechanic trainees
APPRENTICESHIP AS SHIPPING CLERK
The 2,5 - 3 years apprenticeship in tramp shipping will be completed in a dual system with part of the education taking place in the office and part in a business school. You will be familiarized with all relevant fields of the shipping business and will stay in world-wide contact with customers, suppliers, on-board personnel as well as port authorities and agents. From the very beginning you will actively take part in the daily business and have in this way the opportunity to grow into this exciting market.
If you are enthusiastic, open and communicative, have a diploma from secondary school qualifying for university admission, good English knowledge and knowledge in computing, then we are looking forward to receive your application via the Online Application Form for the attention of Mrs. Hilke Lehmann.
Vacancies as from summer 2019 !
As an alternative to a six-months internship or practical semester we offer an:
APPRENTICESHIP AS NAUTICAL / TECHNICAL ASSISTANT OFFICER
On board our ships we give young seafaring trainees the opportunity to complete a twelve months training course as deck or engine cadet in preparation for a degree in nautical studies.
Please provide your application via the Online Application Form with the following documents :
- Comprehensive CV including school records (general qualification for university entrance)
- Envisaged period of internship
- Copy of medical examination certificate
- Copy of basic safety training certificate
Vacancies as from summer 2019 only ! We accept your application as from November 2018 onwards.
APPRENTICESHIP AS SHIP MECHANIC
During the two and half to three-years training period the apprenticeship takes place on board our containerships under Maltese flag in connection with school periods and training in metal work and basic safety at shipping schools in Elsfleth, Luebeck-Travemuende or Rostock.
We expect :
- Good secondary school diploma with good grades in English, Mathematics & Physics
- Technical understanding
- Desirable are experiences made during an on board internship
- Interest in seafaring, high motivation, flexibility and ability to work in a team
Presently no vacancies available !">